Thanks to the advancement of technology and driven by the COVID-19 pandemic, online work from home jobs have become more diversified and more frequent nowadays. If you are looking for a job that offers you flexible working hours from home in these times, you have come to the right place. But with the number of options that have emerged in recent times, you may not have an idea about where to start. That’s why we take you through the 16 top-rated online Work from home jobs from anywhere. Read on!
What are the best 16 online jobs from home?
Working from home online comes with many benefits, such as flexible hours and ample opportunities to learn new things. It is also cost-effective because you don’t need to spend your money on gas or transportation. However, it also has some potential drawbacks, such as communication, distractions, feelings of isolation, and loss of motivation.
Therefore, you should be careful with the job you choose, as some of them can be scams. If you want to enjoy your work, create a good work-life balance by following a proper routine. Stay in touch with your coworkers the same way you would in person.
Lastly, do some research on any online jobs thoroughly before applying and make sure they are legitimate. With all of this in mind, here are some of the best jobs from home you can try:
1. Best Online Work from Home Jobs – Blogger
Becoming a blogger is a great idea among the various online work-from-home job options, especially for those who want to share their thoughts online. You won’t find a shortage of blogging topics as you can cover any niche to your interest.
The best part is that you don’t need any special training or experience to be a blogger. As long as you can write, you can blog. The challenging thing is to see your blog in Google search results, but this can be achieved with the right content marketing strategies, SEO, and hard work.
What makes blogging so attractive is not only the creative aspect but also the monetization options. A common method of making money online from blogging is to rent advertising space.
You probably won’t earn much initially. But your earnings can grow significantly as your audience grows.
Anyone can become a blogger by following these steps:
- Pick the right niche. Choose the right topic that you like to write about and that has a potential search volume.
- Create your blog. For this, you need hosting and a domain name. You can use a CMS or a website builder to create a blog.
- Customize your blog. Customize your website design for a better user experience that suits your topic. Always writes the blog to a memorable custom domain.
- Start creating content. Create content in most searching keywords and maintain a consistent style and tone. Use tools like Google Trends and Google Keyword Planner to gather relevant keywords for better SEO.
- Promote your content. Sharing your blog posts on various social networks, such as Instagram, Facebook will make your blog reach a wider audience.
- Monetize your blog. Once you have a decent number of views, sign up for Google AdSense or try other monetization methods.
Watch below video tutorials, how to start a blog and tips,
Related topic – Best 8 online passive income ideas
2.Best Earning Jobs Online from home – Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a way to earn money by recommending products or services of others. It is one of the most popular online business ideas and the business is forecast to grow to $ 8.2 billion by 2022. One of the most profitable top-rated online work-from-home jobs.
Affiliate marketing is especially profitable for people with a large following, making it one of the most common monetization methods for bloggers, influencers, and other types of content creators.
Choosing a program that suits your content niche is the first step to becoming an affiliate. For example, if your website has content like the web hosting industry, you can apply for programs like Accuwebhosting Affiliate and get unique links to include in your content.
When selecting affiliate programs, consider the commission rate, the seller’s reputation, and the quality of the product. Try the product first, as speaking from experience will help convince potential customers better.
Coco Lapine is a great example of a blog that uses its niche to sell affiliate articles. Since it is an interior design blog, it often includes affiliate links on furniture and home accessories. That way, if readers are interested in recreating the design layout featured on the blog, they can buy the affiliated design products immediately from links.
Watch below video tutorials, how to start an affiliate marketing,
3. The best online job at home – Freelancer
Do you have a skill set where you are excellent? Consider offering your services as a freelancer. Being a freelancer allows you the freedom to choose who you are working for. The flexibility of the schedule makes it a popular choice among the best online work-from-home alternatives.
You can offer your services on portals like Upwork and Freelancer, or other websites like Fiverr. There, you will find numerous lists of jobs that you can do from home, both for people and for companies. If you already have a day job, freelancing is a great way to earn extra money, too.
Although the pay varies from project to project, a freelancer can earn approximately $ 32 per hour. There are practically no limits on the type of work you can do as a freelancer. You can offer content writing, software development, online translation, or graphic design services, etc.
Interested in working as a freelancer? Check out the steps below.
Steps to become a freelancer
- Identify Your Best Skills – Find out what makes you stand out and what makes you stand out from others. Being confident in your abilities and knowing your strengths can help you convince potential clients.
- Create your profile: It would be a detailed resume document or online profile (Your website). Make sure you state what you offer, your achievements, contacts, testimonials, as well as your portfolio. If you don’t know how to make an online profile, you can use website builders like Zyro.
- Register your profile on freelance work platforms: upload your resume, set up your biography, and don’t forget to link your profile to your portfolio.
- Find your clients: Start promoting yourself on the networks and make quick presentations to the potential clients you have found, either on free online platforms or existing contacts.
Related topic – How to become an Amazon seller
4. Legitimate work from home job – Virtual assistant
A virtual assistant is a contract worker who provides remote assistance to businesses. This job covers a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties, including but not limited to accounting, transcription, report writing, appointment management, and emailing. It is an excellent work option for those looking for a new alternative to working from home online.
The best thing about this field is that many companies are interested in its versatility and profitability. OutsourceWorkers reports that hiring a virtual assistant can reduce 78% of companies’ annual operating budget because they only hire one as needed and payment is done by the hour only.
This is a job that anyone can try. However, you must have excellent communication skills, proficiency in technology, and multitasking skills.
Also, a virtual assistant must adapt to learning new things on the go, as it is expected to perform a wide range of functions.
You also need to be well organized and on time to keep more than one customer. An online learning course may be a good idea if you think you are lacking skills in this area.
What you need to become a virtual assistant
- Specialize: choose a niche and also decide how much you will charge. You can use this guide as a reference to set your rate.
- Start a website: build your online presence by creating a professional website that details your services.
- Use other channels: promote your service on social media and on various other free platforms.
- Network – Offer deals, build customer relationships and network with other freelancers in various industries.
Related topic – Paid by reading emails.
5. Content writer or Copywriter
Copywriting is another best work-from-home online opportunity for those who love to write. Content writers and copywriters can find themselves working in multiple industries, from IT, entertainment, business, and more, giving you a perfect opportunity to learn various topics.
A copywriter’s content can be industry reports, social media posts, blog posts, to marketing content. As long as there is something to be announced and communicated in writing, a copywriter will be necessary.
The best part is that you can do both jobs from home. Although earnings from work can vary between different industries.
Copywriting is also a field that anyone with enough hard work and knowledge can do. However, copywriters must possess a perfect understanding of the language in addition to proficiency in writing.
With so many resources to help you get started, there is no need to earn a degree to be a content writer or copywriter. If you need help, consider taking free content writing courses at Hubspot.
Related Topic – Make money with Google Translate
6. Become A YouTuber
With the rise of video streaming sites like YouTube and Twitch, a career as a video creator is worth considering. Content creators on video and streaming platforms receive revenue from advertising, sponsorships, and donations. People with a large following can also make extra money by selling products and offering memberships. It is one of the top-rated online work-from jobs.
Revenues vary based on audience size and monetization methods. On average, a channel with 1 million subscribers can earn up to $ 57,200 per year. Anyone with ideas and an average video recording knowledge can become a content creator, hence the industry is slowly becoming saturated.
To increase your success, build your channel with a solid plan. Pick a niche that you are interested in and research the topic thoroughly. Watch their trends and see what your competitors are up to. When you start producing content, make sure it’s always up to the mark. Try to have an idea of each topic from a different perspective and start growing your subscriber list little by little.
Whatever niche you choose, you must be consistent. It is essential to publish regularly and continually improve your content. Once you have a decent following, upgrade your gear, video editing software, and editing skills to increase the value of your production.
To learn more about how to be successful in this industry, you can learn from YouTube Creator Academy or other online courses offered by popular content creators.
Watch below video tutorials, how to start a YouTube Channel,
7. High paying online job from home – Website designer
Next on this list is website designer, high paying home-based online job, a field that focuses on the usability and customization side of a website. As such, web designers must possess technical and creative designing skills, and should know how to execute a client’s requirements into a fully functional website.
Other qualities expected of web designers are the ability to work within deadlines, project management, and strong communication skills to make technical terms understandable to clients.
You don’t have to have a formal education to become a professional web designer. But you can train yourself with online classes or read a variety of literature on web design concepts. On average, a web designer can make $ 60,378 in a year, with an hourly rate of $ 29.
Steps to become a website designer
- Learn the principles of web design – You must know the basics of design, UI / UX theories, and various web design techniques.
- Design your company website: show your skills by creating your own website to showcase your achievements and present your services.
- Build your brand: Once you have a portfolio, market your services to potential employers on social media and on various other free websites.
8. Easy Online job from home – Community Manager
There are many companies that will pay good money for you to manage their presence and activities on social networks. And that’s exactly what a community manager does. Since you can work from home online, this job is an excellent option to consider.
Your work revolves around content planning, managing editorial calendars, developing brand reputation and personality, as well as maintaining potential client engagement on various social media networks.
As such, you should also have a working understanding of using analytics tools, so that you can collect relevant data to see what aspects of the strategies need to be improved.
A community manager is expected to be proactive, communicative, and able to manage time effectively. They also need to have knowledge of marketing and writing.
Job seekers in this job also need to stay updated all the time, so your content and social media strategies can attract the right people at the right time.
Steps to become a social media manager
- Get trained: Aspiring community managers can earn a degree in marketing, journalism, and other relevant specializations. However, this is not required and you can learn the necessary skills outside of formal education. You can join courses like this.
- Start applying: look for vacancies for the position. We recommend starting from places like Remote. co and Dailyremote.
9. Best online job option – Graphic designer
As the name suggests, graphic designers are people who create visual designs, either as an advertising medium or as an artistic expression. It is one of the best online work-from-home options. This field is full of work-from-home opportunities, as the work is done digitally and it is not difficult to collaborate online.
Since design is part of our everyday lives, it is not surprising that many companies are looking for graphic designers. To become a graphic designer, you must have creative skills, technical competence, and artistic sensibility. Besides, Communication skills and the ability to multitask and solve design problems are also essential.
Steps to become a graphic designer
- Get the necessary skills: learn designing theories and digital compositions. While all of these courses can be self-taught, you can also learn them with formal education
- Create your portfolio: start personal projects or offer graphic design services for friends and family. After you have enough work to display, include them in your online portfolio.
- Find Your Clients – With a strong portfolio and resume, you can now start looking for work on freelance platforms. We suggest Fiverr and Remotely Awesome Jobs for quality design work that you can do from home.
10.Trending work from job now – Online classes
If teaching is something you are passionate about, you can offer online classes on topics you know well, whether it’s science or cooking. Nowadays, you can give lessons online using software like Skype, Zoom, or WizIQ.It is the most trending online work from home job now.
An online teacher can earn up to $ 41,530 per year, with a rate of approximately $ 20 per hour. Whether you take this job as a full-time profession or part-time, it is highly potential, as there are tons of online resources available to help you know how to do it.
It’s not necessary that you need a teaching degree to become an online teacher. However, some platforms may require you to have a degree or certification. Having teaching experiences can also help. It will prepare you to better handle students and it will also support your credibility as a professional.
If you need more tips and resources for online teaching, you can access Skillshare’s teacher manual, Khan Academy, or this comprehensive list made to support distance learning during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Steps to become an online teacher
- Pick a topic and set aside time to learn all you can about it. Even if you are already an expert, rub up your knowledge.
- Study your students – This will help you design a practical lesson plan that is informative and engaging for your students.
- Join the teaching platforms: You can offer courses on websites like Udemy, Superprof, Skillshare, or Lynda. Or, create your own e-learning platform and connect it to sites like YouTube.
- Promote your services: use other channels such as social networks, blogs, and forums to promote your courses. If you already have a following, create a landing page with a newsletter subscription so your audience knows about the courses you offer.
11. Online Job From Home – Online Coach
Online coaching is a bit like blogging in the sense that you need platforms like a blog or a YouTube channel to sell your coaching services. Of course, this is a great job in terms of work-from-home alternatives.
As such, a coach tends to be more proactive in keeping their clients’ progress as they need to adapt training plans accordingly.
For example, you can offer physical coaching or leadership coaching. You can also be a business coach to help someone run their business or a personal coach to help people solve various professional and personal problems.
The earnings of an online coach vary depending on the topic they cover. But, they are roughly between $ 28 per hour.
Like some of the items on this list, you don’t need special education to become an online coach. However, you must be an expert at a particular topic and have good interpersonal skills to encourage your clients during training. Taking courses and reading books on coaching can help.
Steps to become an online coach
- Research your niche: learn more about their experience and find resources on coaching. If possible, get a certificate.
- Create your website: hire a reliable hosting service and create a commercial website, so that potential customers can know what you offer and how much you charge.
- Use coaching applications and platforms, in addition to offering your services on websites such as Teachable, facilitate training with tools such as NudgeCoach, Life Coach Office or CoachAccountable.
12. Best online work from home jobs-Online consultant
Businesses looking to increase their profits and work efficiency always look to online consultants for expert opinions. By being outsiders, consultants can bring new perspectives and ideas to the brainstorming table. They are expected to identify problems and give ideas objectively. So it is a high-paying online job from home.
This field is in great demand. Online consultants can be found in the public and private sectors, working in highly qualified areas such as personal finance, IT, medicine, business, etc. In addition to stimulating changes in a work environment by giving independent opinions, online consultants can also be asked to train newbies or help a team by being an additional member.
There is no easy formula that can help you become a leading consultant in your industry. All you need to do, focus on the field of work you’re in and get really good at it.
It is not exaggerated to say that anyone can be an expert today, as long as you are interested to learn and confident enough in what you know from experience.
In addition to having low overhead costs, since you can offer consulting services from the comfort of your home, it is generally not necessary to hire additional employees because you take care of most of the things yourself.
Steps to become an online consultant
- Find out where you stand out and improve your experience. Depending on your profession, you need to have the appropriate certifications. Keep learning and stay up-to-date on the latest happenings within your industry.
- Decide what your target market will be: prepare a business and marketing plan to really know who could benefit from your service.
- Work on being organized: A consultant must have an eye for detail, must be able to plan things efficiently and effectively. They should also be able to share their perspective in an organized and practical way.
- Have short-term and long-term goals: You must have a clear vision and objectives of what you want to achieve as a consultant. That way, you won’t waste time constantly improving your experience.
- Have a wide range of promotional networks: Promote your service, build an impressive presence online with a professional website listing with your achievements. Practice quick introduction calls and ask for referrals from satisfied customers. Trust us, word of mouth works wonders
13.Top paying online job-Customer service representative
Remote customer service is another popular option for work-from-home online. This job includes answering customer questions, handling complaints, and processing orders. People who want to work in this field can find jobs from home at customer services management companies such as Liveops, Concentrix, and Sykes.
Some of the qualities of a good customer service representative are communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. They also need to organize to keep track of information and be able to multitask in stressful situations.
Many of these positions require you to have at least a high school diploma or previous experience in similar positions. The average annual salary for a customer service agent is $ 35,409. And they get paid roughly $ 17 per hour.
Some companies require you to speak on the phone, while others only need you to interact through chats. One thing for sure is that you need a stable internet connection, a decent laptop, and a working pair of headphones.
Sounds interesting? Check out the steps below to find out how to become one.
Steps to become a customer service representative
- Practice a lot: work on the necessary qualities we mentioned earlier, especially communication and interpersonal skills. Attend some of the training programs, get started with this free crash course from Study.com.
- Search Vacancies: Apply to multiple open positions on various job platforms to increase your chances of being hired.
14.Most popular work from home jobs – Data entry
Data entry is a general term that refers to a wide variety of job titles. In this category, you will find various jobs such as typists, transcriptionists, clerks, and coders. All of these jobs have one thing in common, updating the information in a database using data processing programs. It is the most popular work from home job.
The data you have to work with can come in the form of audio recordings, documents, or digital files. As such, typing speed is one of the key qualifications, especially since the payment can be made by the hour or by words. The annual salary for a data entry worker reaches the median of $ 41,659, with hourly earnings reaching up to $ 20 on average.
However, keep in mind that a data entry job at home may pay less than it’s doing in the office. Still, this is a job you can consider if you want to earn extra income by doing simple typing.
Steps to become an online data entry worker
- Meet the requirements: have at least a high school diploma or its equivalent. Data entry workers must also be well versed in using computers and understand written and spoken English.
- Practice typing speed: your speed should be between 50 and 80 words per minute. Although some listings may require higher speed. Practice regularly using this test.
- Apply for data entry positions – There are many companies that accept remote data entry workers, and Capital Typing, Smart Crowd, and Clickworker are some of the best.
15. Best online jobs for students – Translator
If you are fluent in more than one language, consider becoming a translator. This online work from home is a great option for those who love to read and are proficient at translating texts on various topics.
There is always a demand for competent translators, considering that we live in a world where communication without barriers is increasingly accessible. As long as people need to share information, translators will never be out of work.
Translators can work as freelancers or with an agency. They are needed in all kinds of industries, from technical to creative fields.
Anyone can become a translator in any language, but being fluent in multiple languages is not the only qualification a translator should possess. They must also need a basic idea of the topic they are translating.
Fortunately, you don’t need to go to a language school to learn those things. You can learn with the help of tools and programs like FluentU, FutureLearn, Rosetta Stone, and more. Also, there are tons of books on language learning both online and in libraries.
Another important skill a translator should have is proficiency in the use of translation database software such as Wordfast, OmegaT, and SDL Trados Studio. However, keep in mind that these tools only exist to help human translators work more efficiently, not to replace them.
In one year, a translator can earn $ 61,571 on average and $ 30 per hour. You can market your services on the free online platforms mentioned above, or join translation sites like Gengo, TheWordPoint, and Language Line.
Steps to become a translator
- Master in at least two languages – Learn the ins and outs of the source and target languages in which you want to excel. You can learn them yourself or get training.
- Choose a specific industry: specialize in a topic and study its terminologies. Learn terms by reading industry-relevant books and articles.
- Market yourself: create a portfolio, write industry-related blog posts, be active on social media, join free online platforms.
- Keep learning: study more languages and read more.
Related topic – Make money online with logos
16. Evergreen best online job -Video editor
Video editors convert an image or video sequence into a polished final product that meets the requirements of the production team or client. In addition to having technical skills and experience, video editors are expected to be highly creative, patient, and detail-oriented.One of the high-paying home-based online jobs.
Additionally, you can learn how to edit videos by watching tutorials or joining online courses, such as those conducted by Fade to Black, for example.
However, while most employers will value your experience and competence more than formal education, it helps to have a degree in film or other related fields. This is especially useful if you plan to develop major projects like working for television or creative houses.
While post-production generally involves collaboration with other team members, it is possible to do it remotely with the evolution of video collaboration software such as Frame.io, Shotgun, and LookAt.
The freedom to work anywhere is not the only benefit of this position. Video editors can also control how much they charge per project, especially if they already have a long list of achievements to showcase.
Steps to become a video editor
- Familiarize yourself with the editing tool: the best way to achieve this is by creating personal projects. Try experimenting with various editing tools, techniques, and formats.
- Take on as many projects as you can: Focus on getting the most experience for your portfolio and take on volunteer or low-paying projects.
- Get Certified – Take specialized training to improve video editing skills and mastery of editing software. Many vendors offer certifications of proficiency in the use of their products, such as Adobe and Sony Vegas. You can also get certified with a formal organization like The Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Build Your Network – Gain more industry experiences by joining movie producer communities, participating in nonprofit video editing projects, or partnering with editing software brands.
Related topic – Make money online with photo retouching.
If you want a work from home online job to earn money on the side or to discover a new vocation, here is a quick summary of how to get started:
- Write down all your hobbies, interests, and talents.
- Check which ones are in demand and can be monetized.
- Explore different channels through which you can reach your potential customers.
- Start working on your portfolio and build credibility.
Keep in mind that a side business doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to quit your job if you don’t want to. It all depends on your focus, your commitment, and the reasons why you want to start an online job from home.
Which of these online jobs from home would you choose? Let us know in the comments!